Apple Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 Patties 1x
These breakfast patties are made with lean ground turkey, a touch of maple syrup, cinnamon, thyme and juicy, bite-sized pieces of apple—all real, FfL-friendly ingredients! They’re easy to prep ahead, full of flavor and lower in fat than the traditional pork version. Pair them with eggs for the ultimate low-carb breakfast or dinner!
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken breast (93%)
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped into bite-size pieces (about 1/2 medium apple)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil (for cooking)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the apples and coconut oil. Mix to combine. Add apples, gently incorporating them. Form 8 patties, making sure apples are mostly tucked into the patties.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet to medium heat. Melt 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Add turkey patties and cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, until fully cooked (but not dried out).
- To prepare a plate, pair two breakfast patties with two fried or scrambled eggs.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later, Too Easy
Keywords: Breakfast Sausage Patties, Apple Turkey