Can I prep this the night before?
Yes, follow the prep instructions (stop just before cooking). Stack each fritter between parchment paper, store in an airtight container and refrigerate overnight. Remove from fridge and bake!Print
- 1 & 1/2 cups matchstick carrot
- 1 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas (canned)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions or scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (yields mild heat)
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 egg, whisked
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon virgin coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil (to grease pan)
- In a food processor or high powered blender, combine carrots, chickpeas and cilantro. Pulse until finely grated (30-60 seconds). Scoop carrot mixture into a medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients (except EVOO) to carrot mixture. Mix to combine.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Scoop generous heaped tablespoons of the mixture into the preheated pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Serve warm.
Substitute oat flour with white whole wheat flour.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Serving Size: 6