Maryland Style Crab Cakes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
This classic Old Bay Crab Cake recipe is a traditional favorite made with jumbo lump crab meat and Old Bay seasoning. These crab cakes are perfect for a beach vacation, as a comfort dish on a cold night or an impressive appetizer when hosting guests. The lump meat is mixed with just the right amount of breading, Greek yogurt and the perfect blend of seasonings to provide a traditional Maryland-style crab cake flavor.
- 1 pound wild-caught jumbo lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning (to taste)
- 1/4 cup Geek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Put crab meat in a large bowl. Add all dry ingredients and gently mix together (try not to break lumps of crab meat apart).
- In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients together. Pour wet ingredient mixture over crab mixture and gentle blend together.
- Shape crab mixture into five cakes; should be sticky. If you’re making this as an appetizer, form into small balls. Refrigerate (covered) for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a medium to large pan (preferably stainless steel), add enough EVOO to lightly coat bottom. Once pan is hot, add crab cakes. Brown each side (approximately 2 minutes per side).
- Place patties on a parchment paper lined pan or baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.
Use gluten-free ingredients, if necessary.
We recommend wild-caught seafood and organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later
Keywords: Crab Cakes, Maryland Style Crab Cakes