Mediterranean Salad with Grilled Shrimp
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
If you like shrimp and salads, you’ll LOVE this Mediterranean Salad with Grilled Shrimp. This quick and easy recipe complements the natural sweetness of grilled shrimp without overwhelming it. It uses a homemade marinade for the shrimp, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and onions that doubles as the perfect dressing for this delicious meal. Serve this salad as your main dish and pair it with one (or more) of our delicious appetizers and a healthy dessert.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon Mediterranean herb blend (can substitute with basil)
- 2 pinches Himalayan pink salt
- 1 large cucumber , cleaned and quartered (about 1 cup)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes , cleaned and halved
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound shrimp
- leafy greens
- 1/2 cup feta or mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon basil , chopped
- 1 whole avocado , diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Kalamata olives, sliced (optional)
- Place chopped cucumbers, tomatoes and onions in a Tupperware container.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, apple cider vinegar, EVOO, Mediterranean herb blend (or basil) and salt. Pour 1/2 cup of the honey mixture over the chopped vegetables. Toss and coat evenly. Allow chopped vegetables to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Place thawed shrimp in a zip lock baggie. Pour remaining honey mixture over shrimp and allow shrimp to marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Drain shrimp and pan sear or grill until thoroughly cooked.
- Plate greens. Top greens with cucumber mixture and grilled shrimp. Garnish with crumbled feta or freshly grated mozzarella cheese, chopped basil leaves, avocado and olives. Enjoy!
We recommend wild-caught shrimp and organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: 30 Minute Meals
Keywords: Mediterranean Salad with Grilled Shrimp, Grilled Shrimp