Easy Pot Sticker Dumplings with Dipping Sauce
These Easy Pot Sticker Dumplings are Made with an Exquisite Dipping Sauce Crafted from Real-food Ingredients
Say goodbye to complicated dinners and overly processed dipping sauces, and welcome a recipe that elevates your mealtime experience. This recipe not only delivers the wholesome flavors you desire but also provides the convenience of effortless preparation.
With its undeniable appeal to children, straightforward cooking steps and the added advantage of equally delightful leftovers, this dish is perfectly suited for uncomplicated yet heartwarming family dinners.
What Are Pot Stickers?
Pot stickers are a type of dumpling that are often shaped into a pleated crescent form and filled with pork and cabbage. However, there are numerous varieties to suit your unique tastes and preferences – we’ve shared our favorites below!
These delightful dumplings can be prepared through pan-frying, resulting in a crispy outer layer and a succulent interior. Alternatively, they can be steamed or boiled for a consistently tender texture. They are commonly served with a soy-based dipping sauce.
Our Favorite Frozen Pot Sticker Dumplings
Because we’re so busy, our focus is on fast, nutritious meals. While preparing homemade meals is ideal, many of us simply don’t have the time to make pot stickers from scratch. Therefore, we turn to the convenience of bibigo’s Organic Vegetable or Organic Chicken and Vegetable Potstickers.
Our entire family enjoys these pot stickers, which offer a healthy option similar to homemade but without the time-consuming preparation. Moreover, they’re available at Costco, providing a great value for your money!
Why You Should Make Your Own Sauce Rather than Using Store Bought
When it comes to bottled sauces, many contain vegetable oils, canola oil, natural flavorings (with no clear source), refined sugars, coloring and preservatives. These highly processed ingredients not only lead to weight gain but are also associated with digestive issues, inflammation and various health concerns.
This homemade sauce is simple to toss together and uses easily recognizable, real-food ingredients that you can confidently serve to your loved ones, making it a great choice for this recipe!
How to Make Your Pot Sticker Dumplings with Dipping Sauce Kid-friendly
Our 3-year-old and 1-year-old LOVE these Pot Sticker Dumplings with Dipping Sauce. Because they’re not a fan of spicy flavors, we omit the chili pepper flakes from the sauce. Instead, we sprinkle them on our individual servings. It’s a simple way to modify a meal so that our entire family can enjoy it!
What are liquid aminos? Why use them? Is there a soy-free alternative?
You may have spotted a bottle on shelves at a health food store or seen them listed in an array of real-food recipes, but what exactly are liquid aminos?
Liquid aminos are the concentrated amino acids extracted from soybeans. Different from soy sauce, liquid aminos contain amino acids, which are the building blocks of proteins in our bodies. Unlike soy sauce, they don’t contain wheat (hello, gluten-free), are made of two basic ingredients (soybeans and water), have no added salt and are far less processed than soy sauce.
When it comes to taste, liquid aminos have a slightly less salty, milder and faintly sweeter taste than soy sauce. You can use them in just about any recipe that calls for soy sauce. Just make a 1:1 substitution and you’ll be all set.
If you choose to avoid soy, use can use coconut aminos 1:1 instead.
Variations to Flavor your Pot Sticker Dumplings and Sauce
- Green Onions / Scallions – Incorporating finely chopped green onions imparts a zesty and fresh flavor. Make sure to finely chop the green onion for easy dipping.
- Cilantro – Finely minced cilantro imparts a vibrant, herbal essence to the sauce. A little goes a long way.
- Red Pepper Flakes, Hot Sauce, or Chili Oil – Elevate the sauce’s flavor with a touch of heat. Personally, we like red pepper flakes for that extra kick.
- Fresh Ginger – Grating fresh ginger infuses the sauce with a distinct and invigorating spiciness and can further elevate their flavor.
- Sesame Seeds – Ideal for adding texture and enhancing the sauce’s visual appeal on the plate.
Simplifying the Week with Food Prep
If your week is anything like ours, HECTIC, you can absolutely get a head start:
- Prepare the sauce ahead and store it in the refrigerator.
- If stored properly, it should remain good for a few weeks (perfect for a rotating menu and upcoming meals!).
- To go gluten, egg or dairy-free, opt for a pot sticker dumpling that is specifically labeled gluten-free, egg-free or dairy-free.
- If you prefer a vegan or vegetarian twist, choose a dumpling that’s vegetable filled. The brand bibigo (sold at most grocery stores and Costco) has a delicious organic vegetable dumpling.
- If you’re serving this to kids, eliminate the crushed red pepper flakes.
- Don’t forget to sample the sauce and tweak it to suit your preferences. You might discover that you desire a sweeter sauce (simply add a touch of honey) or a more savory one (stir in some extra liquid aminos or sesame oil). The amount of vinegar can also be adjusted depending on the tartness of the vinegar you’re using.
- If pan-frying, take the skillet off the heat before introducing water, swiftly covering it, and then returning the skillet to the stovetop. This precautionary step is essential for averting potential oil spatters.
Did You Make this Recipe?
If you make this Easy Pot Sticker Dumplings with Dipping Sauce recipe, we would love to hear how it turned out! Leave a comment below sharing what your friends and family thought of it. We love hearing from you and your ideas inspire us all! Don’t forget to tag @fullforlifegal on Instagram so we can admire your masterpiece! 🌟
Share The Goodness
Treat Yourself to a Weekly Wellness Boost!
Unlock VIP access to self-care secrets, delightful surprises, and a dash of healthy food inspiration. Join us now and let the pampering begin!
"*" indicates required fields
You May Also Enjoy
Leave a Comment
Hi beautiFULL, We’re Pam and Kalie
If you want your family to live a healthier life, you’ve come to the right place! Our simple wellness practices have been handed down for three generations and are the secret weapon to staying healthy and sane.
GET YOUR FREE GUIDE
Real Food Crash Course
Learn how to cut out processed food in a realistic and manageable way.
Free Guide Food – Real Food Crash Course
"*" indicates required fields