Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins (GF + Vegan Option)
- Total Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
These muffins are the perfect way to put a spin on traditional cornbread and are sure to complement any meal. The combination of pumpkin, corn and honey keeps the muffins moist with a touch of sweetness. These healthy homemade muffins are great with breakfast, as a simple addition to a school lunch or a great side for dinner. They’re freezer-friendly, making it easy to pull one out the night before.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12 cup, non-stick muffin tin with coconut oil, butter or EVOO.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix.
- In a separate large bowl, combine pumpkin, egg, honey, melted butter and milk. Blend with an immersion blender or whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until JUST combined. Over-mixing results in denser muffins and is not recommended. Add corn and any additional flavors (see notes above). Fold together. Divide batter evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean, with only a few crumbs attached.
- Let muffins cool a few minutes in the muffin tin so they hold form. Carefully remove from pan and transfer them to a wire cooling rack or serve warm. If the muffins stick to the pan, carefully run a small flexible spatula or thin-bladed knife around the sides to loosen. Muffins that are cooled in the pan too long may become soggy.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Enjoy them cold or warm in the oven or toaster oven before serving.
Tip: Be sure not to over-mix the batter. We recommend using a simple wooden spoon instead of an electric mixer. Over-mixing the batter results in a heavy, dense muffin.
Gluten-free: Use gluten-free ingredients, if necessary.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Category: Recipes
Keywords: Muffins, Pumpkin Muffins, Cornbread Muffins