Almond Flour Waffles (Low-Carb, Grain + Gluten-Free)
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
These almond flour waffles are so easy to whip up, using only a handful of natural ingredients. We created these light, crispy waffles as a simple, yet delicious way to get more protein into our family’s mornings. They can be served with maple syrup, topped with berries, garnished with whipped cream, used as a base for eggs, or used in place of bread in sandwiches. They’re keto, paleo, gluten-free and grain-free, making them the perfect low-carb choice for you and your family!
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the waffle iron to high heat. Grease lightly (we use a basting brush and coconut oil).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat eggs (this helps the waffles stay fluffy and light). Add milk, yogurt, EVOO and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Add almond flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Gently fold batter until combined, careful not to over mix. (It should be light and fluffy.)
- Transfer half the batter into heated waffle iron. If adding berries or chocolate chips, top batter with add-ins. Close and cook waffles until the waffle iron indicates it’s ready or steam stops coming out, about 4-6 minutes. Remove waffles from iron and repeat with remaining batter.
- Optional: For a crispier waffle, toast waffles in the oven, toaster oven or toaster. (This will depend on the type of waffle iron you use and how much it crisps up waffles.)
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: 30 Minute Meals
Keywords: Waffles, Gluten Free Waffles, Almond Flour Waffles