Apple Cinnamon Pancakes (Whole Wheat)
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
This easy pancake recipe is the perfect lazy weekend breakfast. It’s made with cinnamon-spiced apples that give each pancake the flavor of warm apple pie. Your leftovers can be stored in the fridge for a few days or in the freezer for a busy morning breakfast. They can be thawed overnight in the fridge and are great warmed up in the toaster or toaster oven.
For the Apples: (can be prepped ahead)
For the Pancakes:
- 1 & 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 & 1/4 cups almond milk, plus 2 tablespoons more
- 1 egg
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- To prepare the apples, lightly grease a non-stick cooking pan. Add apples and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring semi-frequently so apples don’t burn. Once apples have softened, remove from heat and set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients into a medium-large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Add apples to batter and whisk to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly grease skillet.
- Pour batter onto skillet in desired size. This recipe yields about 8 medium pancakes. Reduce heat to medium-low. When the top of your pancakes show little bubbles, take a look underneath. If they’re golden brown, it’s time to flip! Cook the other side of your pancakes, approximately 3-5 minutes. Serve with maple syrup.
Dairy-free: Replace butter with coconut oil.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: 30 Minute Meals