Bakery-Style Blueberry Apple Muffins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
These muffins are hands-down one of our favorite snacks. The sweet blueberries perfectly complement the hints of vanilla, apple and cinnamon. Think baked oatmeal meets bakery-style muffins. You’ll be whipping these up weekly and loving them, guilt-free!
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/4 cups oat flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 & 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup apple, diced
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, plus some for greasing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line or coat muffin tray with oil.
- Place milk, eggs and vanilla in a medium-size mixing bowl and whisk or mix with an immersion blender.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients (oat flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder).
- Slowly add dry mixture into wet and stir until just combined.
- In a small glass dish, melt coconut oil. Fold in blueberries, apples and oil with a large spoon until evenly combined.
- Use a spoon to distribute mixture into muffin tins. One batch makes 10 muffins. Bake in oven for 20-22 minutes. Once cooled, store in fridge or freezer in airtight container.
- Because these muffins don’t contain refined ingredients or preservatives, they will only last 2 to 3 days at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months. You can defrost individual muffins in the refrigerator overnight or by letting them rest at room temperature. Lightly toast and enjoy warm or eat it cold, straight out of the fridge!
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Recipes
Keywords: Blueberry Apple Muffins, Muffins