This effortless and juicy slow cooker Chicken Chili is kid-friendly, gluten-free and mouth-watering good!
What are you waiting for? This is a must for every busy mom to add to your list of favorite family recipes. Top with your favorite shredded cheese for some additional zest.
Busy week? Prep ahead!
We’re always looking for ways to reduce time in the kitchen and simplify healthy eating, especially throughout the week. While this meal is super simple to toss together, it can be prepped the night before to save on time. Add all the slow cooker ingredients to your slow cooker dish, cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, cook as directed.
Last night, we made chili and had enough leftover to feed an army. So we don’t get sick of it, we freeze some in a huge mason jar for dinner down the road. Leave a 2-inch clearance between the top of the jar and the chili. Frozen liquid expands, so don’t overfill it or the jar will crack.
Some favorite ways to top your chili:
- Plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Freshly grated cheese (some of our favorites are aged smoked cheddar and 2-year-aged extra-sharp cheddar)
This effortless and juicy slow cooker Chicken Chili is kid-friendly, gluten-free and mouth-watering good! What are you waiting for? This is a must for every busy mom to add to your list of favorite family recipes. Top with your favorite shredded cheese for some additional zest.Scale
- 1 & 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (4 oz.) cans green chilies
- 1 (15 oz.) bag frozen corn
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Add chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker. Add salt, cayenne pepper, cumin, oregano and chili powder. Top with diced onions, garlic, beans, chilies, corn and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. If cooking on high, reduce time to 3-4 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker. Serve hot. Can be topped with sharp cheddar cheese for added flavor.
Category :RecipesMethod :Prep Now, Cook Later, Slow Cooker, Too Easy
- Serving Size: 8