Classic Bread Stuffing (Whole Grain or Gluten-Free)
Enjoy the warm, homey flavor of rosemary and parsley in this delicious whole grain bread stuffing. This savory recipe is baked until hot and golden, and will complete just about any meal. It’s delicious served as a leftover, warm or cold, whether eaten off the plate or on top of a turkey and Cranberry Sauce sandwich.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine and mix onions, celery, rosemary and parsley in a large bowl. Add bread cubes to onion mixture and stir until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Add melted butter to eggs and whisk until throughly combined. Evenly pour egg mixture over bread cubes. Stir until just combined.
- Evenly pour broth over stuffing mixture. Using your hands mix together. Your stuffing should be slightly moist, not too dry or too wet. If needed, add additional broth little by little until you reach this consistency.
Baking “Out Of The Turkey” Stuffing:
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish. Transfer stuffing to prepared baking dish. Loosely cover casserole dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown. (If you like a crunchier stuffing, uncover and bake an additional 5-10 minutes.)
Baking “In The Turkey” Stuffing:
Gluten-free: Use gluten-free bread. Check for FfL-friendly, real food ingredients.
Vegetarian: Substitute chicken broth with vegetable broth.
Dairy-free: Substitute butter with coconut oil.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later
Keywords: Bread Stuffing