Clean Eating Carrot Cake Cookies
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
These simple, moist cookies are secretly healthy with NO butter, refined flour or sugar. They’re easy to make, kid-friendly and taste AMAZING! To keep them a little healthier, we’re ditching white sugar and oil and using maple syrup and pumpkin puree instead.
- 1 & 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the egg, maple syrup, pumpkin puree and vanilla. (We often use an immersion blender but you can also use a fork.) Gradually add dry ingredients into wet, until combined. Fold in carrots and raisins, careful not to over mix.
- Place batter in fridge for 15 minutes. Once chilled, remove batter and make golf ball size balls of dough. Place on a lined baking sheet and flatten.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Use gluten-free ingredients if necessary.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Too Easy
Keywords: Carrot Cake Cookies, Cookies