Cranberry Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Roasted Veggies
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
This mouthwatering meal is easy, yet elegant. With one pan and parchment paper, you can say goodbye to an evening of dirty dishes and hello to a lavish, low-maintenance meal. Tart, yet sweet cranberries and creamy goat cheese stuffed inside dijon chicken breasts make this meal utterly amazing, not to mention they’re baked alongside the perfect combination of veggies. Feel free to substitute your favorite veggies in place of Brussels sprout and sweet potatoes if you so desire. Enjoy!
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese (approx. 1/4 lb.)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, blueberries or cherries (unsweetened and no oil added)
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 2 small-medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/4 inch cubes (approx. 1 & 1/4 lbs.)
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. If you don’t have a large baking sheet, use two medium-sized sheets and bake the chicken on the top rack of the oven and veggies on the bottom.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese and cranberries. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Option A: If you prefer your chicken pounded out into thinner pieces… Between two pieces of plastic wrap or parchment paper, pound out chicken until it is 1/4 inch thick. For directions on how to pound out your chicken, see above.
- Option B: Make a lengthwise horizontal slit into the chicken breast, stopping just before cutting all the way through. Unfold breast so it’s open, like a book.
Evenly top one half of each chicken breast with goat cheese and cranberries. Carefully fold the other side of the chicken back over, on top of the filling (close the book). Repeat this process with other chicken breasts. Arrange chicken on one side of baking sheet and evenly spread chicken marinade on top of each breast.
- Vegetables should be cut around the same size (1/4 inch) so they cook evenly and take about the same amount of time as the chicken.
- Toss veggies with EVOO, thyme, salt and pepper. Arrange veggies in a single layer on the other half of the baking sheet.
- Bake chicken and vegetables for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, toss vegetables, return to oven and bake an additional 8-10 minutes, until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Plate each stuffed breast and serve with vegetables. We love to plate our chicken on a small bed of fresh greens, such as arugula. Enjoy!
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
You can purchase a Cranberry Goat Cheese log from the store and eliminate the cranberries from the recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later, Sheet Pan
Keywords: Cranberry Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast, Chicken Breast