Creamy Cauliflower Risotto with Charred Sweet Corn
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
This creamy Cauliflower Risotto with Charred Sweet Corn is the perfect risotto recipe when your time is limited and you’re in need of a simple, yet sophisticated side dish. The combination of cauliflower, white wine, garlic, and Parmesan cheese complements almost any grilled meat or chicken dish. What takes it to a whole new level of SINFULLY GOOD is the charred corn and fresh basil that is added right before serving.
- 1 cup corn (fresh, cut off the cob) (1 can of sweet corn can be substituted)
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 head cauliflower, stem removed, separated into florets
- 1 /2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 20 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup Parmesan or Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- In a lightly greased cast iron skillet, saute’ corn with salt and ground black pepper on medium to high heat until well-browned. Set aside.
- In a 6-quart pot, saute’ onion in a touch of olive oil until tender. Add chopped cauliflower florets, wine and garlic and continue to saute’ until most of the liquid is evaporated, then add vegetable broth to cover the cauliflower. Continue cooking over medium heat (adding broth as needed just to cover the cauliflower) until cauliflower is very tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed/evaporated.
- Carefully blend the mixture with an immersion blender or in small batches in a regular blender (but be careful, as it will be HOT).
- Add butter, cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Stir until cheese is well incorporated. Top with the charred corn and finely chopped fresh basil and serve!
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Recipes
Keywords: cauliflower risotto