Creamy Southwest Chicken Chili (Slow Cooker)
- Total Time: 6 hrs, 10 min to 8 hr, 10 min
- Yield: 8 1x
Whether you call this creamy dish a chili or hearty chicken stew, it’s definitely a winner. With little prep time and next to no cleanup, this comfort dish is a perfect meal when you have a busy week ahead. Choose hot or mild chilies depending on your preference (we like a can of each).
- 1 & 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (4 oz.) cans green chilies
- 1 (15 oz.) bag frozen corn
- 24 oz. chicken broth
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Trim fat and add chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker. Add salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Top with diced onions, garlic, beans, chilies, corn, chicken broth and cilantro.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. If cooking on high, reduce time to 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Return chicken to crock pot. Add Greek yogurt to the slow cooker, stir well.
- Top each bowl of chili with 1/4 of a diced avocado and additional cilantro, to taste. Serve with other desired toppings. Enjoy!
To increase the “Southwest” flavor: Add a jar of your favorite salsa to the chili.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 to 8 hrs
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later, Slow Cooker
Keywords: Chicken Chili