Easy Oven-Roasted Eggplant (the Perfect Low-Carb Side Dish)
The caramelized edges on this Easy Oven-Roasted Eggplant recipe make each slice slightly sweet and the garlic salt adds a savory twist. It serves as such a great side dish, can be eaten as a healthy midday snack (our favorite is dipped in marinara), tastes amazing tossed on any salad and can be added to so many meals in place of meat. Two thick slices can even be used as “buns” for burgers (a juicy lamb burger between two eggplant “buns”? Yes, please!). This recipe is ridiculously simple, yet SO GOOD!
- 2 medium-large eggplants, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds, leafy end removed
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange the eggplant rounds on each baking sheet in a single layer. A basting brush works best for spreading EVOO on eggplant. If you don’t have a brush, drizzle one side of eggplant rounds with 2 tablespoons of EVOO (the eggplant will soak up the EVOO like a sponge, so drizzle sparingly). Evenly sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt on eggplant rounds. Flip and repeat on other side of eggplant.
- Roast eggplant in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until soft and golden brown. If possible, flip eggplant rounds midway through bake time.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Sheet Pan, Too Easy
Keywords: Roasted Eggplant, Side Dish