Healthy Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats (No Bake + Dairy-Free)
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 bars 1x
These four-ingredient Rice Krispie Treats are made with nut butter, cacao powder and honey instead of marshmallow and refined sugar. Because they’re chock-full of healthy fats and protein they’re extremely filling, making them a great mid-day or pre-post-workout snack.
- 3/4 cup nut butter (almond butter OR peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 3 & 1/2 cups plain brown rice crisps or rice puffs
- Melt peanut butter in a large bowl. Mix in honey and cacao powder. Once combined, fold in rice crisps/puffs.
- Press mixture into an 8″ x 8″ inch baking pan. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving. Slice into squares. Enjoy!
- Store your Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats in the fridge, in an airtight container.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
If you use extremely runny peanut butter, you may need to add an additional 1/4 – 1/2 cup of rice crisps.
For extra cacao flavor, add an additional tablespoon of cacao powder.
If making rice krispie treats as a dessert, you can melt 1/3 cup of dark chocolate and spread a thin layer on top of krispie mixture before refrigerating.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Too Easy
Keywords: Rice Krispie Treats