How to Make Powdered Sugar in 30 Seconds (Confectioners’ sugar)
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup powered sugar 1x
Homemade powdered sugar is SO SIMPLE to make and can be prepped in 30 seconds flat. Whether you’re baking for the holidays or a birthday party, powdered sugar is frequently used to top pastries, pies, cupcakes and when making homemade icing. If you’re on the hunt for a healthier, homemade version, look no further. This simple recipe is made with two ingredients and only requires a high-speed blender (or food processor).
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- Add sugar and arrowroot flour to high-powered blender (or food processor). Cover with lid and blend on high for 30 seconds, until the sugar becomes a fine, fluffy powder.
- Allow powdered sugar to settle before opening lid. Use immediately or transfer to an airtight container.
- You can use a sifter to sift the powdered sugar before use, for the finest and fluffiest version.
We’ve found high-powered blenders, such as the NutriBullet, tend to work better than a food processor.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 2 min
- Category: Do It Yourself, How To's, Recipes
- Method: Too Easy
Keywords: Desserts, Freezer-Friendly, Toppings and Condiments, Vegan