Maryland Style Corn on the Cob in a Foil Pack
- Total Time: 40-50 min
- Yield: 6 1x
This corn on the cob is the perfect summertime low-maintenance side dish. There are so many delicious ways to prepare foil-pack corn, and this one is our personal favorite! You can get creative by forgoing the seafood seasoning and instead using any combination of spectacular herbs and spices, such as minced garlic, parsley and Himalayan pink salt!
On the Grill:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (around 450 degrees). Pull off six pieces of sheet foil, each about a foot long.
- Place one ear of corn on each sheet and evenly coat each ear with 1/2 tablespoon of butter. Evenly sprinkle seasoning over the whole corn. (Feel free to add more, to taste) Roll each ear in foil and twist ends together.
- Place packets on grill and cook for 10-15 minutes on each side, until kernels are tender. Remove packets from grill; leave wrapped until ready to serve. Open carefully (corn and steam inside may be hot), sprinkle each ear with parmesan and serve with additional seasoning, if desired.
Oven Baked Foil Packets:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare corn in foil pack as outlined above in the “On the Grill” section. Place each packet on rimmed baking sheet, foil seam side up. Bake 30-40 minutes or until kernels are tender. Remove foil packs from oven; leave wrapped until ready to serve. Open carefully, sprinkle each ear with parmesan and serve with additional seasoning, if desired.
Slow Cooker Foil Packets:
- Prepare foil packets as outlined above. Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of slow cooker. Stack packets, foil seam side up in slow cooker. Cook on high 2 ½ to 3 ½ hours, until kernels are tender. Leave corn wrapped in foil until ready to serve. Open carefully, sprinkle each ear with parmesan and serve with additional seasoning, if desired.
Ways to “Reinvent” Leftovers:
- Using a knife, slice kernels off of cob and store in air-tight container. Top a salad, toss in a quesadilla or add to your eggs for an entirely new flavor combination!
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30-40 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Grill, Too Easy
Keywords: Corn on the Cob, Maryland Style Corn on the Cob