Pumpkin Spiced Pancakes (Gluten-Free + Low-Carb)
These perfect pumpkin spiced pancakes are the absolute best. They’re low-carb, gluten-free, guilt-free and so easy to make with everyday ingredients.
Our family LOVES freezer-friendly breakfast recipes and we’ve been making these low-carb pumpkin pancakes for years! They’re a fall staple in our house and we look forward to them on brisk mornings when we can sit around the table in pajamas and enjoy a warm treat.
They’re such a hit in our house, they even make a few appearances at our family’s request before autumn even hits. This healthy from scratch recipe is packed full of fall flavor with oat flour, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. They’re a delicious fall breakfast everyone will love!
When starting out, I (Kalie) was less than stellar when it came to making the perfect pancake. There was the time I burnt them to a charred crisp, another time I flipped them way before they were set and let’s not forget the day I used a stainless steel pan… oh my what a mess!
Becoming a pro pancake maker has taken me quite some time, so I wanted to share the best tricks I’ve learned over the years to reach pancake perfection!
- Use a non-stick pan or griddle.
- Add just enough butter or oil to coat the surface of your pan. You don’t need much, but without it your batter will stick!
- Do the “sizzle test,” Heat the pan on medium heat before adding your batter. I do the “sizzle test” to know when my pan’s ready. I simply run my fingers under some water or flick water droplets on the pan. When I hear a slight sizzle, I know the pan is warm enough to add the batter.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low when cooking your pancakes. When you initially add your batter, you want that higher heat to crisp them BUT once your batter is poured, lower your heat and allow those babies to brown slowly. I know this takes a little longer but it’s better than burnt pancakes!
- Don’t flip them too soon. Wait until the top of your pancakes show little bubbles that pop. Take a look underneath and if they’re golden brown, it’s time to flip!
- Get your kids involved! What better way to encourage your kids to cook than by getting them involved in making these easy pancakes. Have them help by mixing the ingredients together and adding the cooked apples to the batter!
If you frequent FULLforLife, you know we’re a huge advocate and fan of batch cooking whenever possible. At this point, we make double batches of 75 percent of our meals to simplify the weeks to come.
While the ingredients are out and the dishes are dirty, why not make more to use throughout the week and to freeze for future meals? These pancakes are no different! They’re simple to freeze and are great for busy mornings.
Don't have oat flour? Quickly make your own!
We use oat flour in many of our baked goods recipes. Oat flour is a nutrient-packed whole-grain flour that is naturally gluten-free. It works wonderfully in a variety of recipes to boost nutrition and flavor.
Making it is very simple! Add old-fashioned oats to a blender or food processor and blend them until they reach a fine, flour-like consistency. For a step-by-step guide including the recipe and tips, check out How to Make Oat Flour.
Some ways to “reinvent” your leftover pancakes:
- Pancake sandwich: fresh berries and a smear of goat, cream or cottage cheese as the filling, sandwiched between two pancakes (served hot or cold)
- Sliced into strips (for brekkie, lunch or a snack): served cold with a side of fresh fruit and plain yogurt that’s mixed with a drizzle of maple syrup as a dipping sauce
Did you make this recipe?
If you make these Pumpkin Spiced Pancakes, we would love to hear how they turned out! Leave a comment below sharing what your family thought of them. We love hearing from you and your ideas inspire us all! Don’t forget to tag @fullforlifegal on Instagram so we can admire your masterpiece! 🌟
Share The Goodness
Treat Yourself to a Weekly Wellness Boost!
Unlock VIP access to self-care secrets, delightful surprises, and a dash of healthy food inspiration. Join us now and let the pampering begin!
"*" indicates required fields
You May Also Enjoy
Leave a Comment
Hi beautiFULL, We’re Pam and Kalie
If you want your family to live a healthier life, you’ve come to the right place! Our simple wellness practices have been handed down for three generations and are the secret weapon to staying healthy and sane.
GET YOUR FREE GUIDE
Real Food Crash Course
Learn how to cut out processed food in a realistic and manageable way.
Free Guide Food – Real Food Crash Course
"*" indicates required fields