Sensational Spring Rolls (with Thai Peanut Sauce)
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 1x
Spring rolls are a great no-bake appetizer, side or light meal. They’re healthy, easy to make and a fun way to get creative in the kitchen. You can get your friends, family or kids involved in preparing these delicious additions. The homemade Thai Peanut Sauce enhances the flavor, is perfect for dipping and drizzling, is made in less than 5 minutes and is tastier (and healthier) than store-bought peanut sauces.
- 1 pack rice paper spring roll wrappers (round)
- 1/2 pound large cooked shrimp (optional)
- 1 (5 ounce) bag baby spring lettuce
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup finely shredded purple cabbage
- fresh chopped mint and basil
- 1 recipe Thai Peanut Sauce (For Dipping + Dressing) (recipe link above)
- Wash and thinly slice all ingredients except spring roll wrappers, shrimp and lettuce. Have your ingredients out and ready to fill spring rolls.
- Fill a large bowl or plate with warm water. Dip one spring roll skin into the hot water for 1 second to soften. Lay skin flat on a plate or clean countertop. Work quickly to fill skin so it does not stick to surface.
- In a row across the lower third of the spring roll skin, place 2-3 shrimp. Add remaining ingredients on top of shrimp to your liking. Go light on the mint and basil.
- Fold uncovered left and right sides inward (like a burrito), then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the end with the shrimp and other ingredients. Continue wrapping the roll until tightly sealed. Serve immediately or store in the fridge in an airtight container. Enjoy with peanut sauce!
Vegan-friendly: To make this meal vegan, substitute shrimp for tofu or simply use veggies. Eliminate peanut sauce.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later, 30 Minute Meals
Keywords: Spring Rolls, Thai Peanut Sauce