Shrimp Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
This new spin on Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms is guilt-free, easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious! The creamy filling is made with shrimp, garlic, herbs and then topped with Parmesan cheese. They are the perfect game day appetizer or addition to your holiday spread for entertaining. Prep them ahead and pop them in the oven 15 minutes before your guests arrive and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup panko or crushed bread crumbs
- 2 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound wild-caught shrimp (1 & 1/2 cups chopped )
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil (about 8 large leaves)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the stems from the mushroom, chop stems and set aside.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the chopped mushroom stems, shallots, onions and garlic and cook for 4-6 minutes or until tender.
- Add in the chopped shrimp, panko/ bread crumbs, beaten egg, salt, parsley, lemon juice, basil, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring as needed until the shrimp turn opaque.
- Place the mushroom caps, stem side up on a baking sheet. Divide and pack the shrimp mixture among the caps.
- Allow the mushroom caps to bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove caps from oven, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake until cheese has melted (2-3 minutes). Enjoy!
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later, Sheet Pan, 30 Minute Meals
Keywords: Shrimp Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms