Simply Seasoned Black Beans
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
This simple black bean side dish is loaded with garlic and jalapeno flavors and works well with ANY Mexican or Cuban meal. The optional toppings of bell peppers, whole kernel corn, cilantro, and queso fresco cheese add a special addition to this satisfying dish. It’s also a great topping to use on Mexican-style salads. After making this once, you’ll continually keep a can of black beans in your cupboard for a quick and easy side to any dish.
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 1/4 jalapeño, finely chopped (optional)
- pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1/3 cup bell peppers , chopped
- 1/4 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons cilantro , chopped
- 2 tablespoons queso fresco
Substitute jalapeño with chili powder or cayenne pepper.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Too Easy
Keywords: Black Beans