How to Make Baked Tortilla Chips
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
These crisp, salty chips are baked, not fried, and taste better than store-bought versions. All you need is a tiny bit of oil, tortillas, and salt.
- 1 pack whole-grain tortilla wraps (about 12 tortillas)
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2–3 pinches Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each tortilla into triangle-shaped wedges (like a pizza slice). Place cut tortilla slices in a large bowl and drizzle EVOO over top. Gently toss to coat.
- Spread tortilla slices out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt (or with desired herbs and spices).
- Bake tortilla wedges for 6 minutes. Use tongs to turn wedges over. Bake an additional 6-9 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before snacking or storing. They will crisp even further as they cool down.
Every tortilla brand and thickness is slightly different. Watch your chips closely for color change while baking in the oven so they don’t burn. Adjust cooking time as needed.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Sheet Pan, Too Easy
Keywords: Baked Tortilla Chips