This Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough recipe is egg-free, uses no flour, is without milk and is a delicious treat you can make in just 10 minutes.
This recipe has the finest texture and balance of flavors you can imagine, combining rolled oats, pure honey, applesauce, 100% peanut butter and dark chocolate chips. It’s a safe and healthy way for everyone to snack on something sweet. It’s even filled with protein, making it a perfect post-workout snack.
Raw flour can contain E. Coli, which can be deadly, or at the very least make you sick, so we created this flour-free version. Yes, heat treating flour helps kill any bacteria, but making it this way takes half the time and tastes doubly as delicious.
Of course, there’s nothing better than the flavor of a traditional chocolate chip cookie. But, if you’d like, you can easily replace the chocolate chips with some other fun flavors.
- Dehydrated fruit such as apples, cherries or apricots
- Raisins or currants
- A little cinnamon
- Cacao powder for a double dose of chocolatey flavor
Can you bake it?
Technically you can, but because this recipe doesn’t use any baking soda or eggs the cookies won’t rise or have a fluffy consistency. Instead, they’ll be a bit dry and dense. If you want some fresh cookies, try this recipe!
A great pre/post-workout snack
A tablespoon of this cookie dough doubles as a delicious pre/post-workout snack. Almonds are a great source of protein and healthy fat. Oats are easy-to-digest carbs that power you up without weighing you down.
Portioning out and storing leftovers
Because it’s entirely too easy to eat the whole thing, we often use an ice cream scoop to portion out the dough. We place the pre-portioned balls on a parchment paper lined baking tray and pop them in the freezer until they firm up (about 2 hours). Once they’re firm, we transfer them to a large Ziplock bag and store them in the freezer (for up to 3 months). They don’t take long to thaw and actually taste pretty darn delicious frozen.
If you have better self-control than we do, you can certainly store them in the fridge in an airtight container.Print
This Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough recipe is egg-free, uses no flour, is without milk and is a delicious treat you can make in just 10 minutes. It has the finest texture and balance of flavors you can imagine, combining rolled oats, pure honey, applesauce, 100% peanut butter and dark chocolate chips. It’s a safe and healthy way for everyone to snack on something sweet, that’s also filled with protein. One or two tablespoons is the perfect amount for a snack-size serving!
- Add the almonds, oats and salt to a food processor or high-powered blender. Process/pulse until the mixture becomes the consistency of a coarse flour.
- Add the melted butter, honey, almond butter and applesauce to the mixture. Process until the mixture becomes a dough, about 15-20 seconds. You may need to scrape the sides. If your almond crust is too dry, add an extra tablespoon or two of applesauce and process again. The dough should resemble the consistency of cookie dough.
- Spoon the dough into a bowl. Add chocolate chips and combine. Place cookie dough in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
- One or two tablespoons is the perfect amount for a snack-size serving. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cookie Dough