Turkey Chili (One-Pot or Slow Cooker)
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 1x
This chili-like soup was created using a little imagination to satisfy that undeniable craving for sweet potatoes. It is nicely seasoned, giving it plenty of flavor, and has received many great responses from family and friends. It goes well with a salad and can be topped with avocado, guacamole or cilantro for some added flavor.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground turkey breast or lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced fire roasted tomatoes (Rotel tomatoes can be used for heat)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 avocados (to serve)
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil. Add onions, meat and garlic and cook approximately 10 minutes or until meat is done. Drain. Add all other ingredients. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Serve and garnish with avocado, guacamole or cilantro (optional).
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: One Pot