Apple Cinnamon Pancakes (Gluten-Free + Low Carb)
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
This easy pancake recipe is the perfect lightened-up lazy weekend breakfast. It’s made with cinnamon-spiced apples that give each pancake the flavor of warm apple pie. Your leftovers can be stored in the fridge for a few days or in the freezer for a busy morning breakfast. They can be thawed overnight in the fridge and are great warmed up in the toaster or toaster oven.
For the Apples: (can be prepped ahead)
For the Pancakes:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 pinches Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- milk or almond milk (if needed)
- virgin coconut oil (to grease pan)
- To prepare the apples, lightly grease a non-stick cooking pan. Add apples and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring semi-frequently so apples don’t burn. Once apples have softened, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a high-powered blender or food processor (I use my Nutribullet), blend all ingredients except apples. Add milk to the batter to thin it, only if needed. Start with 1 tablespoon and increase as necessary. Add apples into your batter and stir to combine.
- Heat a skillet or non-stick pan to medium-high heat. Grease pan with coconut oil.
- For each pancake, pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle. Each pancake will be about 4 inches in diameter. Reduce heat to medium and cook until golden brown on both sides. Top with a small amount of pure maple syrup and ENJOY!
Use gluten-free oats if needed.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: 30 Minute Meals