Butternut Squash Soup (Slow Cooker)
- Total Time: 4 hrs, 15 min to 8 hr, 15 min
- Yield: 6 1x
This simple slow cooker Butternut Squash Soup is vegan, gluten-free and filled with healthy ingredients. It’s also a perfect lower-cal comfort food. Why do we love it? It’s low-maintenance and so incredibly cozy and delicious! We hope your family loves it as much as ours does.
- 1 medium (about 2 & 1/2 lbs) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 & 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large apple, cored and cut into quarters
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 2 & 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped (about a thick 1″ nob)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 (14 oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
Optional Toppings: (to taste)
- roasted pepitas (toss pepitas in pan on low heat, 1-2 minutes)
- cayenne pepper (if you like spice)
- rosemary, finely chopped
- Combine all soup ingredients, except coconut milk, in slow cooker and toss. Cook on low for 8 hours or medium-high for 4 hours, until your squash and apples are soft.
- Stir in coconut milk and blend soup with an immersion blender directly in your slow cooker, until smooth. Garnish with toppings of your choice and enjoy!
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 4 to 8 hrs
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later, Slow Cooker