True story: We could probably eat this toast all day, every day.
You might think we’re joking, but this toast was named Dreamy Apple Cinnamon Toast for good reason.
This simple recipe can be served as a sensational breakfast, as a pre- or post-workout meal, for lunch or as an outstanding after school snack. For an extraordinary appetizer, cut bread into 1-inch squares, toast, top and enjoy!
We haven’t met anyone yet who hasn’t loved this simple recipe, Even our family, picky eaters included, go wild over this quick-and-easy breakfast toast.
How to shop for the best ingredients:
- Bread: Choose FfL-friendly bread, made with limited ingredients that you recognize such as grain, water, yeast and salt. The refrigerator or freezer section of the supermarket is a great place to find these loaves.
- Nut butter: Choose a high quality nut butter, one containing only the nut and a minimal amount of salt. You can read more on nut butter in our post, The Dirty Truth About Grocery Store Nut Butter (Spoiler Alert).
- Dairy: Choose cottage cheese that’s made with simple ingredients such as milk, cream, salt, enzymes and active cultures.
Encouraging the next generation
When you make your Dreamy Apple Cinnamon Toast, help your kids understand the difference between healthy nut butter and highly processed spreads. Otherwise, they may think they’re one in the same.
If you really want to get them involved, you can even make it a fun activity next time you go to the grocery store. Do most nut butter labels use simple real food ingredients (the nut + salt) or do they use tons of heavily processed ones (refined sugar, vegetable oils and artificial ingredients)? Let them take a look and guess!
Top tips for making this Dreamy Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Toast:
- Busy mom tip: If you’re anything like us or your mornings are pretty hectic, slice your apples the night before, put them in a container in the fridge, and you’ll have little-to-no cleanup in the morning.
- Kid-friendly: Make it fun by allowing your kids to get creative and decorate their toast with the apple slices and pepitas.
- If you’re vegan, no problem, Just omit the honey and cottage cheese, and you’ll have a delectable breakfast, without the dairy!Print
Dreamy Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Toast GOODNESS! This super easy recipe is great for a quick and healthy breakfast, pre- or post-workout meal, healthy after-school snack or extraordinary appetizer. Sweet and savory, comforting and light—you can make it with your favorite bread.Scale
- Toast bread in toaster or oven. Top toast with nut butter, cottage cheese, honey, sliced apples and pepitas. Garnish with cinnamon. Enjoy!
NotesCategory :RecipesMethod :Too Easy, 30 Minute Meals