Easy Orange Chicken
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
This healthy version of Orange Chicken features tender pieces of pan-seared chicken, paired with broccoli and then smothered in the most delicious sweet and sticky orange sauce. It’s a recipe that is so simple to make, it’s perfect even on busy weeknights. Plus (at least in our opinion), the leftovers taste so good after marinating in the sauce overnight, that we often make a double batch.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 & 1/2 pounds chicken breast, chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen broccoli
- Whisk OJ and arrowroot flour together in a small-medium bowl. Add remaining sauce ingredients and whisk together.
- Heat a large pan over high heat and add oil. Add chicken to the pan and cook over high heat, turning once, until browned, about 4 minutes per side.
- Once chicken has browned, reduce the heat to medium/low and add the frozen broccoli and sauce. Cover and simmer until sauce has thickened and chicken has cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles as desired. If serving as an appetizer, serve with toothpicks.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: One Pot, Too Easy
Keywords: Orange Chicken