This simple breakfast bowl is an easy and nutritious way to start your day.
The quinoa combined with creamy avocado and perfectly cooked eggs is not only delicious, it’s sure to keep you energized and on track throughout the day.
With the exception of eggs, all the ingredients can be prepped in advance, making it another early morning WIN!Print
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 3 pinches Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 canned black beans
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 & 1/2 teaspoons EVOO, vinegar and a pinch of salt. Add quinoa (can be warm or cold), beans, tomatoes, and cilantro and toss mixture. Evenly divide between two small bowls.
- Heat a large non-stick pan and evenly coat bottom of pan with 1/2 teaspoon of EVOO. Crack each egg into pan, using only half the pan. Add spinach to other half of pan. Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to spinach and eggs, to taste. Cover with lid and cook until white is set but yolk is still runny and spinach is wilted, approximately 3 minutes.
- Top each quinoa bowl with 2 eggs, 1/2 cup spinach and 1/4 avocado. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: Energy Boosting Breakfast Bowl, Breakfast Bowls