Grilled Caprese Chicken with Basil and Balsamic
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 basil leaves
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- balsamic vinegar or reduction
- Heat a grill (or greased pan) to medium-high heat. Evenly sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken. Grill the chicken until golden brown on each side. If cooking in a pan, cover with a lid and reduce heat to medium.
- When chicken is 2 minutes from being done, place 1 to 2 tomato slices, 1 basil leaf and a slice of mozzarella on each breast. Cover. When chicken is completely cooked through and no longer pink in the center, tomatoes have softened and cheese is melted, remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle balsamic over each breast.
Tip: Prior to cooking, pound the chicken breasts to uniform thickness.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Grill, Too Easy, 30 Minute Meals
Keywords: Grilled Caprese Chicken