Homemade Chicken Rice Soup
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 1x
When time is tight, this savory Chicken Rice Soup is a must-try recipe. This family-tested meal can be ready in 60 minutes and is so easy to make by picking up a rotisserie chicken to keep life simple. The aroma of this savory soup simmering on the stovetop will tantalize your nostrils and get your mouth watering.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 carrots, finely chopped (about 1 & 1/2 cups)
- 4 celery stalks, chopped (about 1 & 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 – 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a stock pot, drizzle EVOO. Add carrots, celery, onion and cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add water and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice, cover and simmer until rice is cooked (approximately 45 minutes).
- Add shredded chicken and seasonings. Simmer until hot and ladle into bowls. Enjoy!
Our rice of choice is: Royal Blend Whole Grain Signature Varietal Blend Texamati Brown and Red Rice with Barley & Rye
Rice substitutions: egg noodles, quinoa, farro or pearled barley can be substituted for rice.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: One Pot
Keywords: Chicken Rice Soup