This Honey Mustard Chicken Wrap includes tender chicken, sprouts, spinach, a slice of muenster and is finished off with a light, easy-to-make honey mustard dressing.
It’s a filling and flavorful wrap that you can feel good about eating or is topped with a homemade honey mustard dressing that can be used for a number of other recipes. Consider pre-cooking your chicken for an under-5-minute meal!
Why homemade honey mustard?
While store-bought may taste great, most brands don’t use real food ingredients. Instead, these sauces are typically loaded with added sodium, refined sugar, vegetable oils and artificial ingredients. This recipe takes the guesswork out of knowing if your sauce is a healthy addition to your meal or nothing more than a real-food imposter.
How to shop for the best ingredients
We love to make our own tortillas and freeze leftovers for future meals. If you purchase store-bought tortillas, choose ones with limited ingredients that you recognize, such as 100% whole grain, whole wheat flour, almond flour or brown rice flour, water and salt.
A good place to find tortillas, if not from a local bakery, is in the refrigerator or freezer section. We typically purchase partially cooked tortillas from the brand “Cabo Chips” but there are many other companies such as “Food For Life.” (Why the freezer or fridge section? No added preservatives = limited shelf life.)
What can I prep ahead to simplify the week?
Food prep doesn’t need to be super creative or time-consuming. Instead, it should be practical and something that simplifies healthy eating. It doesn’t need to focus on preparing entire meals either. It can (and in our opinion should) be about prepping a few nourishing components that will be used to build meals throughout the week.
How you can prep ahead for your Honey Mustard Chicken Wraps: (on your food prep day or the night before)
- Cook chicken
- Prepare honey mustard dressing
This Honey Mustard Chicken Wrap includes tender chicken, sprouts, spinach, a slice of muenster and is finished off with a light and super easy-to-make honey mustard sauce. It’s a filling and flavorful wrap that you can feel good about eating and is topped with a honey mustard dressing that can be used for a number of other recipes. Consider pre-cooking your chicken for an under-5-minute meal!
- Remove any excess fat from chicken and lightly salt and pepper each breast. Using medium-high heat, heat pan and add coconut oil, spreading it to grease the pan evenly. Reduce the heat to medium and add the chicken breasts. Pan sear chicken on both sides, approximately 1 minute per side. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook chicken breasts until there is no pink in the center, approximately 8-15 minutes, depending on thickness of each breast.
- Remove chicken from heat and slice.
- Warm tortillas in a non-stick pan or in the oven while chicken is cooking. This only takes a minute or so. (To keep tortillas warm, wrap them in a cloth or leave in the pan/oven with heat turned off.)
- Evenly divide the chicken and top each tortilla with 1/2 slice muenster cheese, spinach, sprouts, chicken and honey mustard. Fold in half or into a wrap and enjoy!
Paleo: For a paleo option, eliminate the cheese.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: Honey Mustard Chicken Wraps