This Korean Beef Tacos recipe is as simple as it gets. It features ground beef seasoned with garlic, honey and ginger.
The beef filling is served in a homemade tortilla and paired with an easy-to-make spicy “mayo” made with Greek yogurt, hot sauce, honey and lime juice. The combination of the sweet and salty flavors over the richness of ground beef is guaranteed to whet your appetite.
This inexpensive and deliciously flavorful meal is perfectly seasoned and ready in 20 minutes. It’s definitely worthy of your dinner rotation!
Top tips for prepping ahead: (on your food prep day or the night before)
Pre-chopping, cutting or cooking ingredients really helps to reduce stress and simplify dinner on busy weeknights. We know, we know, we’re always talking about meal prep, but it truly is the holy grail to healthy eating!
- Prepare Spicy “Mayo”
- Wash and pick cilantro leaves from the stem
How to “reinvent” leftover beef filling
- Korean beef, cucumber and rice bowls: Pair your leftover beef with sliced cucumbers, julienne (or matchstick) carrots and cooked brown or cauliflower “rice”. Garnish with unsalted peanuts.
- Korean beef and stir-fried veggie bowls: Sauté a bag of your favorite frozen veggies in sesame oil and a teaspoon of garlic. Prepare rice, scramble four eggs and toss together with veggies and leftover Korean beef. Top with avocado slices and kimchi. Enjoy!
- Korean beef breakfast burritos: Scramble eggs and combine leftover beef with eggs, black beans and avocado in a tortilla.
- Korean beef quesadillas: Add leftover Korean beef, spicy “mayo,” chopped cabbage, greens and Muenster cheese to a wrap. Fold wrap quesadilla style, grill and enjoy!
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Bragg’s liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1–2 teaspoons hot sauce (depending on heat preference)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
Taco Toppings: (optional but recommended)
- In a large nonstick pan heat sesame oil. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add ground beef (crumble) and cook until browned, 5-7 minutes. Drain excess fat.
- Add honey, liquid aminos, crushed red pepper and ginger. Mix to combine and simmer for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Serve Korean beef in tortillas. Drizzle with spicy “mayo” and garnish with toppings. Enjoy!