Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Snack Bites (No Bake + Can Be Made Into Bars)
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 18 1x
These no-bake nut butter and chocolate chip snack bites are healthy, SO EASY, yummy AND can be served up as a great snack or simple after-dinner dessert. We’ve discovered that these little balls of goodness don’t just serve as a great snack, one or two of them go great as a side to a breakfast smoothie. And if we eat a light dinner, like a salad, they serve as a delicious after-dinner dessert.
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup nut butter (almond butter OR peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes , shredded
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
- Cover and chill dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. (If you’re tight on time and don’t have time to refrigerate, wet your hands before rolling dough into small balls to prevent it from sticking to your hands.)
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and roll into small balls, about an inch in diameter. (Wet your hands intermittently to prevent dough from sticking to your hands.)
- Store in an airtight container and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Keep in refrigerator for up to 1 week or store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Keep chilled until serving. Otherwise, they may get a tad sticky.
Depending on how runny your nut butter is, you may have to slightly adjust the ratio. We use nut butter that has a thick, creamy consistency. If your nut butter tends to be runny, start with one-third cup of nut butter and add more if necessary.
For a gluten-free option, use gluten-free oats.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later
Keywords: Peanut Butter and Chocolate Snack Bites, Peanut Butter and Chocolate