Rice Cake Nachos
- Yield: 4
How can you satisfy your nacho craving without all the added calories? Simple! Break out this recipe featuring plain rice cakes instead of salty chips for a fantastic alternative! This hearty snack doesn’t get much easier. Top with diced tomatoes, onions, black beans, melted cheese, cilantro, salsa, guac, jalapeno peppers, olives and a protein of choice. It’s got everything you love about nachos, in a healthy form.
- Thin Stackers Rice Cakes (or rice cake of your choice)
- tomato, diced and de-seeded
- finely chopped onions
- canned beans, well-drained (pinto or black)
- fresh grated cheddar cheese (just enough for cheesy flavor)
- fresh finely chopped cilantro
- guacamole or diced avocado
- Greek yogurt
- fresh cut or canned jalapeno peppers
- sliced black olives
- hot sauce
- cooked protein (chicken, turkey, beef)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Arrange rice cakes closely together on a baking sheet. For quick cleanup, cover baking sheet with parchment paper first.
- Sprinkle diced tomatoes, onions and canned beans on rice cakes. Feel free to add whatever extras you like, such as jalapeño peppers, olives, hot sauce or cooked chicken breast. Grate just enough cheddar cheese over the rice cakes to cover your toppings and add a little cheesy flavor.
- Bake until cheese is melted and rice cakes are heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Evenly top nachos with chopped cilantro. Spoon salsa, guacamole and Greek yogurt over nachos. Serve immediately.
We use Lundberg Family Farms Organic Thin Stackers Grain Cakes.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Sheet Pan
Keywords: Nachos, Rice Cake Nachos