Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe (Dairy-Free Option)
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1.5 1x
Enjoy this delicious variation of a high-calorie pumpkin latte. There is no need to sacrifice flavor while giving up unnecessary calories. Make this cost-effective and easy latte and be pleasantly surprised at how yummy it tastes.
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure, canned pumpkin (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, hot
Stovetop instructions: (recommended)
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, warm the milk, maple syrup, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together until combined. Turn off the stovetop and add vanilla extract. In the saucepan, use an immersion blender (or vigorously whisk using a hand whisk) to froth the milk.
- Pour the milk into a large coffee mug. Carefully add hot coffee into the frothy milk. (Optional: Top with a small amount of FfL-friendly whipped cream. Enjoy!!)
- In a large mug, add maple syrup, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Stir, so spice mixes into maple syrup. Add milk. Heat in microwave until drink reaches desired temperature, about 45-60 seconds. Add vanilla and hot coffee. Stir until ingredients are completely combined.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Substitutions and modifications:
Substitute milk with a plant- or nut-based milk if you like and also add a tad more honey to your taste. We’ve tried it with cow’s milk as well as Elmhurst Unsweetened Almond Milk (our favorite non-dairy milk) and it turned out wonderful!
Substitute maple syrup with honey. This doesn’t alter consistency but slightly alters the flavor.
Feel free to double the amount of pumpkin pie spice for extra “fall” flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: One Pot, Too Easy