Veggie Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
Surprise your family and guests with this luscious quiche instead of the traditional pie! Made with a sweet potato crust that melts in your mouth, the flavors of this standout quiche keep you coming back for seconds.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions or veggie of choice
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Sweet Potato Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate and set aside. Slice the sweet potatoes into thin, round discs. Layer the sweet potato slices (be sure to overlap them) to completely cover the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil and garlic over medium heat. Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in spinach, peppers, onions and half the sharp white cheddar cheese. Pour the egg mixture onto the cooked sweet potato crust. Scatter the remaining sharp white cheddar cheese and Parmesan over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes and the egg mixture is set. Let cool a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Ways to “Reinvent” Leftovers:
- Breakfast Tacos or Breakfast Wraps: Add quiche, avocado and salsa to a small tortilla. Fold tortilla around ingredients (taco-style).
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later
Keywords: Veggie Quiche, Sweet Potato