We’re always looking for new and exciting ways to serve up a healthy meal!
After we tried one of our dear friend’s quiche recipes that was made with a sweet potato crust, we knew we had to make our own version! What we came up with was this simple recipe. The best part (outside of minimal cleanup) was that our entire family absolutely raved about it! We were surprised at first, but they actually prefer the sweet potato crust over a traditional flour crust. Since then we’ve made it for breakfast and we’ve even served it for dinner.
So you can toss your quiche together in 10 minutes flat, chop all your veggies on your meal prep day or the day before. Pre-chopping, cutting or cooking ingredients really helps to reduce stress and simplify dinner on busy weeknights. We know, we know, we’re always talking about meal prep, but it truly is the holy grail to healthy eating!
Additional food prep for the week ahead
While our quiche is baking, we typically boil or bake a few sweet potatoes so they can be an easy “side dish” to heat up and enjoy throughout the upcoming week.Print
Surprise your family and guests with this luscious quiche instead of the traditional pie! Made with a sweet potato crust that melts in your mouth, the flavors of this standout quiche keep you coming back for seconds.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions or veggie of choice
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate and set aside. Slice the sweet potatoes into thin, round discs. Layer the sweet potato slices (be sure to overlap them) to completely cover the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil and garlic over medium heat. Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in spinach, peppers, onions and half the sharp white cheddar cheese. Pour the egg mixture onto the cooked sweet potato crust. Scatter the remaining sharp white cheddar cheese and Parmesan over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes and the egg mixture is set. Let cool a few minutes before slicing and serving.
- Breakfast Tacos or Breakfast Wraps: Add quiche, avocado and salsa to a small tortilla. Fold tortilla around ingredients (taco-style).
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Veggie Quiche, Sweet Potato