Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Casserole (Quick + Easy)
Fresh, flavorful ingredients bring this Mexican-inspired casserole together in minutes!
Made with warm corn tortillas, eggs, salsa, shredded cheese and avocado, this Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Casserole is the ultimate quick-and-easy comfort dish. It can be served as a delicious breakfast or as simple weeknight dinner.
Our family LOVES Mexican food—so much so, that we eat it at least once a week. In fact, last week we had this Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Casserole, a Chicken Enchilada Casserole AND Barbacoa Beef Bowls.
This dish is so simple and tasty, that it’s been added to our rotation of staple recipes.
Don’t let the simplicity fool you, this casserole is jam-packed with protein, fiber, healthy fats and FLAVOR!
Get your little ones involved in the kitchen!
This dish is an excellent opportunity to get your little ones involved in the kitchen. You can have them assist you by tearing the tortillas and using them to line the base of the pan. It’s an easy and fun way to introduce them to cooking, regardless of their age.
Perfect for a crowd
This easy and delicious recipe is ideal when hosting guests or serving a crowd. You can enjoy your company without all the stress of prepping a meal. Simply grab a large baking dish, layer a few ingredients and toss it in the oven.
What to top your Huevos Rancheros Casserole with:
- Avocado slices—in our opinion, this one is non-negotiable
- Chopped cilantro
- A dollop of Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Fresh pico de gallo
- Hot sauce
- Sautéed veggies (onions, bell peppers, mushrooms)
Some tips when making your Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Casserole:
- Depending on how many people you’re serving, or how hungry you are, add as many eggs to this casserole as will fit or as many as you want.
- Add more or less cheese to you and your family’s liking. I, Kalie, am not a big “cheese lover” but my husband, Erich, is. To keep everyone happy, I add most of the cheese to Erich’s portion of the casserole, and less to mine.
- The beauty of this dish is you can be creative with it! Add a cup of pinto or black beans OR cooked turkey sausage, ground beef, chicken, Crispy Pork Carnitas or chorizo between the layer of tortillas and eggs.
- Don’t have a lot of time in the morning? Prep it the night before and place it in the oven the next morning. This may slightly alter bake time.
- Have you ever tried making your own tortillas? After a trip to Mexico we made a batch and never purchased store-bought again. The difference in taste and texture is out of this world and worth the extra work!
- Looking for a simple side dish to serve with your casserole? Try these Homemade Refried Beans.
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Casserole Recipe, we would love to hear how it turned out! Leave a comment below sharing what your friends and family thought of it. We love hearing from you and your ideas inspire us all! Don’t forget to tag @fullforlifegal on Instagram so we can admire your masterpiece! ????
Share The Goodness
Join the FULLforLife Community
Inside our exclusive FULLforLife community, you can stay consistent with the healthy habits that leave you feeling self-confident and energized-with ease.Join the FfL Community Today!
You May Also Enjoy
Join The Conversation
Hi beautiFULL, We’re Pam and Kalie
If you want your family to live a healthier life, you’ve come to the right place! Our simple wellness practices have been handed down for three generations and are the secret weapon to staying healthy and sane.
GET YOUR FREE GUIDE
Real Food Crash Course
Learn how to cut out processed food in a realistic and manageable way.
Free Guide Food – Real Food Crash Course
"*" indicates required fields