Peanut Butter and Berry Stuffed French Toast
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
This is one the BEST homemade stuffed French toast recipes we’ve ever tasted. It’s almost like enjoying dessert for breakfast with a healthy twist of nut butter and fruit. It doubles as the perfect lunch to pack for you or your family (served hot or cold) , no syrup needed. We’ve even sliced it into bite-sized pieces and served it at parties as a kid-friendly appetizer. We hope you enjoy this deliciously sweet recipe as much as we do!
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- 1/2 cup nut butter, almond or peanut
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 4 large strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1–6 dashes cinnamon
- additional fresh berries or bananas
- pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Evenly spread 1 tablespoon of nut butter on each piece of bread. Top four of the eight pieces of bread with banana slices, strawberry slices and blueberries.
- As if you’re making a sandwich, top each of the fruit covered pieces of bread with the remaining slices of nut butter bread. Press together like a sandwich.
- Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla in a large, shallow bowl.
- Heat griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Coat with coconut oil.
- Keeping the French toast sandwich pressed together, dip in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides (about 30 seconds each side). Make sure that you soak the bread long enough so the egg mixture seeps into the middle.
- Place each in a greased, non-stick pan and evenly sprinkle with cinnamon. Cook until both sides are golden brown, approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Place each piece of grilled french toast on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, flip French toast and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve plain or with maple syrup (it’s honestly not even needed). Top with fresh fruit and enjoy!
For a gluten-free option, use gluten-free bread.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Method: Too Easy