This blended beverage is naturally sweetened with a strawberry twist.
You’ll feel like you’re sitting on a beach in Cabo in no time!
Now, we know we’re sharing this recipe mid-afternoon and most of us are working right now. BUT that doesn’t mean you can’t save this easy Skinny Strawberry Margarita recipe for this weekend. We’re pretty sure this is the BEST marg recipe we’ve ever had!
Our two BIGGEST tips to achieve the PERFECT margarita:
Tip 1. High voltage will MAKE or BREAK your margarita.
We’re talking about blenders, not rock-n-roll, though that too can help set the mood while making your marg. Anywho, when it comes to ramping up your marg-making skills, a high-speed blender is ESSENTIAL. It takes your drink from chunky to thick and creamy.
Ninja and Vitamix blenders are great for blended drinks, smoothies and so much more. When shopping, look for a good quality, high-powered blender that’s easy to clean.
Tip 2. If you have time, use FRESHLY squeezed lime juice rather than bottled lime juice.
The difference in taste between fresh and bottled juice is monumental. Our secret to lime squeezing success… we use a citrus squeezer. We like to think we’re semi-strong gals, but to be completely honest, squeezing limes hurts our hands. Citrus squeezers don’t cost much and they make life so much easier. They also extract twice as much juice.
This Bellemain Citrus Squeezer is the one we keep on hand and has been a saving grace when extracting freshly squeezed citrus juice.
Now that you’ve made the perfect skinny margarita, what will you serve with it?
Our favorite thing to serve it with is Homemade Guacamole and Baked Tortilla Chips.
We’d love to hear what your favorites are! Drop a comment below.Print
Skinny Strawberry Margaritas
- Course: ,
- Yield: 4 1x
This blended beverage is naturally sweetened with a strawberry twist. You’ll feel like you’re sitting on a beach in Cabo in no time!
- 6 ounces tequila (we use El Jimador Silver Tequila)
- 1/3 cup lime juice (preferably fresh squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 12 strawberries, capped (frozen works best)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 & 1/2 cups ice cubes
- sea salt (for salted rim)
- lime wedges or strawberries (for garnish)
- Run a slice of lime around the rim of each margarita glass. Immediately dip the rim of each glass into a plate covered in sea salt.
- In a high-powered blender, combine ingredients (except sea salt and lime wedges), adding honey last, as it tends to crystalize in cold temperatures. Blend on high or the ice crush setting until smooth. Add more ice, if necessary.
- Pour the frozen margarita into each of the salt-rimmed glasses, garnish with a lime and serve immediately.
- Note: NutriBullet has great high-powered multi-use blenders. This is what we typically use to make smoothies and blended drinks.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Strawberry Margaritas, Skinny Strawberry Margaritas
This was the BEST margarita EVER!!! Delicious and SKINNY – this is a keeper. Thank you for another healthy way to enjoy a drink.