Turkey, Zucchini and Rice Casserole
This outstanding casserole is a delicious combination of fresh zucchini, turkey, rice and an herb ricotta cheese blend. It makes the perfect comfort meal when you want something hearty and healthy.
Whether you’re looking for a weeknight dinner or a dish to impress guests, this casserole strikes the perfect balance between savory and comforting. Get ready to enjoy every bite of this mouthwatering creation that’s not only delicious but also a fantastic way to sneak in some extra veggies.
Can I prep this ahead?
If you plan to enjoy this dish during the workweek, we highly recommend doing some prep work in advance.
Prepare Ingredients: To save time without fully assembling the casserole, consider browning your meat, cooking your rice, and chopping your onions and garlic (if using fresh) on your food prep day or the evening before. When it’s time to make your casserole, you’ll be able to put it together in just 15 minutes.
Prep the Entire Casserole: If you prefer to have the entire casserole ready to pop in the oven at mealtime, follow the preparation instructions (stopping just before baking), cover it, and refrigerate it overnight. When you’re ready, simply take it out of the fridge and bake. This makes mealtime a breeze!
How to shop for the BEST ingredients:
- Choose WHOLE grain rice (avoid enriched white rice).
- Look for meat that’s 100% grass-fed and pasture-raised.
- Choose ricotta and Parmesan cheese that are made with simple ingredients such as milk, cream, salt, enzymes and active cultures.
- Look for tomato sauce made with recognizable, FfL-friendly, real food ingredients.
- We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
How to “reinvent” your leftover Turkey, Zucchini and Rice Casserole:
- Stuffed Peppers: A great way to put a spin on leftovers from this meal is by adding a little curry and stuffing a pepper. Cut off the top of a bell pepper, remove seeds and stuff pepper full with leftovers. Top stuffed pepper with a small amount of cheese. Place in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until pepper softens and center is warm.
- Top with an over-easy egg for breakfast.
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this Turkey, Zucchini and Rice Casserole Recipe, we would love to hear how it turned out! Leave a comment below sharing what your friends and family thought of it. We love hearing from you and your ideas inspire us all! Don’t forget to tag @fullforlifegal on Instagram so we can admire your masterpiece! ????
Share The Goodness
If you've had meal prepping on your to-do list for quite some time
…but every time you try you end up right back where you started, feeling stressed, frustrated and defeated, check out our proven course, Meal Prep Made Easy.
You’ll learn how to enjoy healthy, time-saving and money-saving meals your whole family will love, even on the most hectic days.Get Started Now!
You May Also Enjoy
Join The Conversation
Hi beautiFULL, We’re Pam and Kalie
If you want your family to live a healthier life, you’ve come to the right place! Our simple wellness practices have been handed down for three generations and are the secret weapon to staying healthy and sane.
GET YOUR FREE GUIDE
Real Food Crash Course
Learn how to cut out processed food in a realistic and manageable way.
Free Guide Food – Real Food Crash Course
"*" indicates required fields