Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders (or Nuggets)
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins (for nuggets, use chicken breasts and cut into cubes)
- 3/4 cups panko or whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (yields mild heat)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking pan with aluminum foil and an oven-safe wire metal rack (an oven rack is not absolutely necessary but will help to crisp tenders). Set aside. If making nuggets, rather than tenders, chop the chicken into small chunks.
- In a medium bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (panko, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper). Toss each chicken tender in the mixture until completely coated. Use tongs to transfer to the wire rack, placing each tender about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 20-24 (depending on the size of your tenders), until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center. If making nuggets, reduce baking time by 5 minutes.
- Finish your tenders under the broiler for a few minutes (about 2 minutes per side), until golden and crispy. Serve with homemade Honey Mustard.
- Leftover tenders can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat them, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for a couple of minutes until heated through.
Gluten-free: Use chickpea breadcrumbs for a gluten-free, real-food version.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Sheet Pan, Too Easy
Keywords: Chicken Tenders, Chicken Nuggets, Baked Chicken Tenders