Creamy Chocolate Hummus (Fruit Dip + Frosting; Vegan + No Refined Sugar)
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
Smooth, creamy and oh-so-sweet, this Creamy Chocolate Hummus uses NO refined sugar and is perfect for entertaining! It can be served as a fruit dip, used as a creamy chocolate frosting (on top of FfL’s Moist Chocolate Cake!) or stuffed inside of your favorite truffle. This Creamy Chocolate Hummus is gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan and loved by even the pickiest of eaters. It’s the perfect addition at any party, shower or social gathering.
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans or chickpeas, drained
- 5 & 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil (or a mild EVOO)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Process for 60 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Process for 30 seconds more. If necessary, add 1-2 tablespoons of water and puree until hummus reaches a creamy consistency. If you prefer an especially sweet flavor, add an additional tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Store in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, for 7-10 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Too Easy
Keywords: Chocolate Hummus, Fruit Dip, Chocolate Hummus Frosting