Smooth, creamy and oh-so-sweet, this Creamy Chocolate Hummus uses NO refined sugar and is perfect for entertaining!
Dark Chocolate Hummus? It’s a bit unexpected, but this truly is an all-around winner when it comes to sweet versatility. It can be served as a fruit dip, used as a creamy chocolate frosting (on top of FfL’s Double Chocolate Banana Muffins OR Moist Chocolate Cake!) or stuffed inside of your favorite truffle. This Creamy Chocolate Hummus is gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan and loved by even the pickiest of eaters. It’s the perfect addition at any party, shower or social gathering.
While shopping at Publix a few months ago, we were given a sample of a store-bought version of this chocolate hummus. Let me just say, we were HOOKED! We had never had anything quite like it and, once we got home, there was no stopping us. We HAD to create a healthier, whole food version. Shortly thereafter, this creamy, best ever chocolate hummus was born!
To make this recipe, you’ll need a food processor and a few basic ingredients. It takes less than 5 minutes to whip together and the cleanup is just as quick.
Some of our favorite ways to use chocolate hummus:
- As a fruit dip alongside pineapple chunks, green apple slices and strawberries
- Stuffed in truffles
- In a layer cake
- A fruit tart filling
- Layered in strawberry overnight oats
- In small serving glasses, topped with freshly sliced strawberries, raspberries or blueberries and a dollop of whipped cream
- On top of waffles, pancakes or crepes for a dessert-like brekki
- Slathered on a Lundberg Thin Stackers Rice Cake and topped with nuts and berries—a great snack!
If you’re a peanut butter fan
For a chocolate peanut butter variation, simply add a tablespoon or two of your favorite nut butter!
If using EVOO instead of coconut oil, choose a mild EVOO rather than a robust one.
When it comes to intensities of olive oil, there are three basic categories: delicate, medium and robust. Sounds like your favorite imported coffee, right?
While a bold, beautiful EVOO works well with many meals, you don’t want the delicate flavor of your chocolate hummus being overpowered with the flavor of a peppery olive. When baking with EVOO, be sure to choose a MILD flavored one, rather than a medium or robust EVOO.
Did you make this recipe?
If you make our Creamy Chocolate Hummus recipe, we would love to hear how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a picture on Instagram and mention @fullforlifegal.Print
Smooth, creamy and oh-so-sweet, this Creamy Chocolate Hummus uses NO refined sugar and is perfect for entertaining! It can be served as a fruit dip, used as a creamy chocolate frosting (on top of FfL’s Moist Chocolate Cake!) or stuffed inside of your favorite truffle. This Creamy Chocolate Hummus is gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan and loved by even the pickiest of eaters. It’s the perfect addition at any party, shower or social gathering.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Process for 60 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Process for 30 seconds more. If necessary, add 1-2 tablespoons of water and puree until hummus reaches a creamy consistency. If you prefer an especially sweet flavor, add an additional tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Store in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, for 7-10 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Keywords: Chocolate Hummus, Fruit Dip, Chocolate Hummus Frosting