Banana Bread (Gluten + Grain-Free)
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
This bread has loads of flavor. The delightful aroma will fill your house and remind you of how your grandma used to bake. The best part—you can enjoy this for a delicious breakfast, dessert or snack. Eat it plain, add chopped walnuts, add chocolate chips, warm it, toast it, but most of all—ENJOY it!
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed extremely ripe bananas (about 2 large bananas or 3 medium)
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, plus more to sprinkle on top
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 2 cups oat flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg, maple syrup and applesauce together with a whisk. Add mashed banana, milk and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Add the cinnamon, salt, baking soda and arrowroot flour. Mix to combine. Add oat flour and melted oil. Stir to combine. Be careful not to overmix.
- If you’re adding in any additions, gently fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan. Lightly sprinkle the top of the batter with cinnamon.
- Bake for 52-58 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Typically, if you don’t have any mix-ins, your bread will be done in around 52 minutes; if you add mix-ins, it generally takes a little longer, (55-58 minutes).
- Let the bread cool for 10 minutes. Use a butter knife to loosen the bread from the pan. Carefully transfer bread to a wire rack to cool. Slice and enjoy!
- Because this bread doesn’t contain refined ingredients or preservatives, it will only last 2-3 days at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- If you want to pre-portion your bread, slice it before freezing so you can defrost individual slices in the refrigerator overnight or by letting it rest at room temperature. Lightly toast and enjoy warm, or eat it cold, straight out of the fridge!
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Dairy-free: Substitute milk with dairy-free milk such as almond milk.
Vegan: Substitute milk with dairy-free milk such as almond milk. Use a flax or chia egg in place of egg.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Recipes