Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup (Slow Cooker)
- Total Time: 6 hrs 20 min
- Yield: 8 1x
This Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup recipe is quick and easy to make in a slow cooker, and tastes like it was cooked in an authentic Amish kitchen – so comforting and delicious. It’s unlike other chicken corn soup recipes because it uses hard boiled eggs, giving it that PA Dutch flavor. It’s chock-full of chicken, vegetables and herbs, making it homey and rich. This recipe is freezer-friendly and makes a pretty large batch, so feel free to freeze half.
- 1.75 pounds chicken breast
- 40 ounces chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped (fresh or dried)
- 4 cups chopped carrots (dime to quarter size pieces)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups sweet corn, fresh off the cob or frozen
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- In a slow cooker, layer chicken, broth, salt, pepper and parsley. Top with carrots, onions and corn. Cook on medium heat for 6 hours, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Add shredded chicken and diced eggs to slow cooker. Stir. Serve, add additional salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Use gluten-free chicken broth if needed.
To hard-boil eggs, submerge eggs in boiling water for 12 minutes. Remove shells once eggs have cooled.
This can also be made in a large stock pot. Simmer until corn and carrots are tender.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 hrs
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later, One Pot, Slow Cooker