Surprise your family and friends with this healthy alternative to one of America’s favorite foods.
This delicious veggie-packed Cauliflower Pizza Crust is one recipe everyone is guaranteed to love. Just add whatever toppings you’re craving or enjoy!
We absolutely love cauliflower pizza crust. While store-bought crust may taste great, most brands don’t use real food ingredients. Instead, these seemingly “healthy” crusts are typically loaded with added sodium, refined sugar, vegetable oils and artificial ingredients. And what’s worse, most of the time, the cauliflower doesn’t play a lead role (often it’s one of the last ingredients listed) and has lost most of its nutritional value during processing.
This recipe takes the guesswork out of knowing if your crust is a healthy addition to your meal or nothing more than a real-food imposter.
Encourage your family
When you make your own healthier version of cauliflower pizza crust, help your family understand the difference between store-bought and homemade. Otherwise, they may think they’re one in the same. Chat with them about WHY eating nutrient-dense, real food is important for them too. Go beyond “it’s good for you.” Let them know that food is the fuel that powers our day.
If you really want to get them involved, you can even make it a fun activity next time you go to the grocery store. Do most cauliflower pizza crusts use real food ingredients or hardly any? Let them take a look and guess!
You can also make pizza night fun by allowing your family (especially kids) to get creative and decorate their portion of the pizza with their favorite toppings. Allowing your family to feel like they’re involved in their meals will put you on the fast track to healthy success.
Can you prep your crust ahead?
Yes, follow the prep instructions (stop just before pressing the dough and baking), cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from fridge, prepare crust in pan and bake.
Some delicious ways to top your crust:
- base of choice (spicy marinara, pesto, balsamic, garlic infused extra virgin olive oil)
- meat or seafood of choice (prosciutto, ham, chicken, steak, shrimp)
- vegetable of choice (spinach, onions, peppers, artichoke, mushrooms)
- cheese of choice (mozzarella, feta or goat cheese)
- spices of choice (oregano, parsley, crushed red pepper, garlic powder)
Surprise your family and friends with this healthy alternative to one of America’s favorite foods. This delicious veggie-packed Cauliflower Pizza Crust is one recipe everyone is guaranteed to love. Just add whatever toppings you’re craving and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook cauliflower rice, water and salt in a pot over medium heat until cauliflower has softened and most of the water evaporates, approximately 6-8 minutes. Remove cauliflower from heat and strain. Wrap and squeeze excess water out of cauliflower.
- Stir remaining main ingredients together in a bowl to form a soft dough ball (cauliflower, goat cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, cayenne pepper and oregano).
- Place dough ball in the center of the baking sheet and press dough to form desired shape, so it is approximately 1/4-inch thick. Bake cauliflower crust until golden brown and set, approximately 30-40 minutes.
- While crust is baking cook/sauté toppings if necessary (i.e., meat or seafood).
- Cool and store for later use OR turn crust over and top with desired toppings. Place pizza back in oven until cheese has melted and pizza is to your desired temperature. ENJOY!
You can use a head of cauliflower in place of pre-packaged cauliflower rice. Remove the cauliflower stem and separate the head into florets. Chop and puree cauliflower in a food processor and then cook puree like you would rice.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Serving Size: 4