Hidden Veggie Enchiladas
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 enchiladas 1x
A family-approved favorite that’s worth trying, these veggie-filled enchiladas boast a healthy serving of zucchini, cauliflower, sweet potatoes and carrots. They’re picky eater approved and come together quickly.
- 3 (15 oz.) cans kidney or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups coarsely chopped zucchini or squash (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup cauliflower rice (frozen or fresh)
- 8 ounces Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 8 large whole-grain tortillas
- 1 (15 oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 3 (3.25 oz) jars sweet potato, pumpkin and/or carrots baby food (or 1 & 1/4 cups of homemade puree)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add beans, chopped zucchini, onion, salt and water to high-powered blender or food processor (you can also use an immersion blender, but you will need to finely chop the zucchini first). Blend until mixture become a paste.
- In a large bowl, stir together bean puree, garlic, cauliflower rice and half of Mexican cheese (1 cup), until well combined. If you decide to add meat to your enchiladas, fold it in the mixture until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix enchilada sauce with pureed carrots, pumpkin or sweet potatoes. Spread 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce onto the bottom of a non-stick 9×13 baking pan. Spread about 1 teaspoon of enchilada sauce onto the middle of each tortillas.
- Spoon bean mixture into tortillas and tightly wrap, burrito-style. Place each one seam side down in baking dish.
- Spread sauce over top of enchiladas. Top with cilantro leaves. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove casserole from oven, top with remaining cheese and bake for 10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly. Remove casserole from oven. Garnish with diced green onions and desired toppings. Serve and enjoy!
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later
Keywords: Freezer-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Kid-Friendly & Fun, Main Dish