How to Bake Spaghetti Squash (+ A Few Fabulous Ways to Top It)
- Total Time: 1 hour 2 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan pink salt and pepper, to taste
Toppings to Consider: Check for FfL-friendly ingredients if using a store-bought version
- Basil Spinach Pesto Sauce
- Roasted Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce
- Creamy Pumpkin Sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- cinnamon and honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Optional: Using a sharp knife, poke a few small slits in the squash skin; poke in a dotted line along where you plan to slice the squash in half. Microwave squash 5-6 minutes; cool slightly. (Microwaving the squash softens the hard shell, making it easier to cut in half.)
- Wash, dry and cut in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out seeds.
- Drizzle or lightly brush face of spaghetti squash with EVOO. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place spaghetti squash, cut side down, on roasting pan or parchment paper. Bake until fully cooked. Depending on size, approximately 45-60 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Eat out of the shell or use a fork to scrape spaghetti squash onto a plate.
As a side:
- You can plate your spaghetti squash as a side. Consider adding a little pesto, homemade spaghetti sauce, parmesan cheese or serving it plain. Add a taste of honey and cinnamon for another mouthwatering flavor!
As a meal:
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 2 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later, Sheet Pan, Too Easy
Keywords: How to Bake Spaghetti Squash